Resources for teachers
Teachers and students have shown interest in having classroom resources on Western Sydney Airport and the transformation of Western Sydney.
Two lessons for Years 5 and 6 students (aligned with the NSW syllabus) are now available.
The lessons include background information for teachers, inquiry questions, classroom learning sequence, activity sheets and extension activities.
The lessons align with the following Stage 3 syllabus outcomes:
- History: The Australian colonies; Australia as a nation
- HT3-2 describes and explains different experiences of people living in Australia over time
- HT3-3 identifies change and continuity and describes the causes and effects of change on Australian society
- Geography K-10 Syllabus: Factors that shape places
- GE3-1 describes the diverse features and characteristics of places and environment
- GE3-2 explains interactions and connections between people, places and environments
The Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities engaged specialist curriculum writers to develop teaching and learning materials.
The release of these two lessons is part of a pilot program. Given the Western Sydney Airport project will change over time, we expect to update materials over time.
Feedback is welcome from teachers at email@example.com